Friday, July 9, 2010

The Twilight Saga: Eclipse


Alright, I know what your going to ask: Where you one of those people who stood outside the theater in a mile long line a midnight just to be one of the first ones to see this movie. And the answer is yes. A couple of my friends fended off the fiendish fans just long enough to catch the flick, and it was worth while. Being a girl, I know I have a bias on this movie because it's a romance movie and really there is no hot girl for the guys to oogle at....no. Just us girls staring into Jacob aka Taylor Lautner's abs. I thought that this was the best one in the series. This installment features Bella (Kristen Stewert) who isn't facing Edward's (Robert Pattinson) proposal from the last seconds of New Moon with open arms and is trying to repair a broken relationship with werewolf Jacob (Taylor Lautner). Victoria also comes back in the picture who is now seeking vengeance on Bella by creating a gang of newborn vampires, lead by Riley (a rather attractive vampire and guy, until he snarls!). All in all, this was a great film, where we get to see a side of Rosalie Hale that we haven't seen in the previous films. My favorite part was the overall tone of the movie. This one was darker than the previous ones, probably due to David Slade, most known for 30 Days of Night, another vampire flick. One thing that has bugged me a bit about this film and New Moon: I am not totally convinced by Dakota Fanning's performance as Jane, the Volturi guard. Maybe it's the fact that all she's really played were innocent little girls, but maybe it will grow on me! Damn it! Now we have to wait a whole year for the last one to come out, or should I say last two? Whatever, This is a great date movie, or just chillin' with the gals.

No comments:

Post a Comment